Concert Duets for Intermediate Pianists
Listen to excerpts ...
Composed and Annotated
by Nancy Bachmann
Études for Two: This volume contains
five engagin four-hand "Concert Duets," each with a
different musical character to expand the players'
interpretive experience and please audiences.
In addition, every piece focuses on a specific
technique or skill that the intermediate pianist
needs to master.
Playing duets has many special rewards,
- Experience more confidence and less pressure
- Learn to listen and respond creatively to
- Prepare yourself for the work that most
pianists eventually do: accompany singers,
instrumentalists, choirs; lead groups from the
piano; play in bands and chamber ensembles
- Perform more complex music as a team than an
intermediate soloist could play
- Master new techniques for ensemble playing
- Solidify present skills and knowledge by
sharing them with a peer